Home Page Haverhill News

Haverhill Poll
Haverhill Poll


Mailing List

Matthew Hancock
Your Local MP

Deadline approaches for royal wedding street parties

Thursday, 10th March 2011.

If you want to hold a street party to celebrate the royal wedding next month, you need to move fast to get permission to close the road.

Residents in St Edmundsbury have until Monday to apply to close a road for a street party to celebrate the big day on April 29.

There is no charge for a road closure but the Monday, March 14, deadline gives the council enough time to check any knock-on effects of closing a road and to sort out the legal process.

However, St Edmundsbury is encouraging people to hold their parties away from through roads where possible maybe by choosing a cul-de-sac or private road for the party.

Parties organised by residents for their neighbours are unlikely to need insurance or an events licence, unless they are planning live entertainment or will be selling alcohol.

The council is asking organisers of parties to give details of the event they are planning before the end of March.

There are more details about applying to close a road on the St Edmundsbury website: www.stedmundsbury.gov.uk/streetclosures or contact Jacky Stevens on 01284 757328 or Katie Wadlow on 01284 757335.

There is also an application form to hold an event on the council website: www.stedmundsbury.gov.uk/streetparty

Haverhill Online News

Comment on this story

[board listing] [login] [register]

No comments have been posted for this news entry.


You must be logged in to post messages. (login now)

© Haverhill-UK | Accessibility | Disclaimer