Home Page Haverhill News

Haverhill Poll
Haverhill Poll


Mailing List

Matthew Hancock
Your Local MP
 Haverhill UK Vacancy

Would you like to decide on councillors' expenses?

Tuesday, 15th February 2011.

A rare chance has come up for people to help decide how much our councillors should get for expenses.

Councillors give their time free to help their own communities and the borough of St Edmundsbury as a whole but they receive an allowance for their official duties.

Itís not intended as payment for the amount of hours they put in, but recognises they should have some financial support.

St Edmundsbury Borough Council has a panel of independent, impartial people with no connection to the council, which advises on how much these allowances should be.

The council is looking for people to join this Independent Remuneration Panel. It will involve two or three meetings a year to look at what councillors do, how much time they spend on their duties and recommend a fair level of payment.

"People who may be interested in helping to decide how much councillors should receive can call committee services manager Steven Lincoln on 01284 757108 for an informal talk about what is involved. An information pack is also available on the website: http://www.stedmundsbury.gov.uk/sebc/live/IndependentRemunerationPanel.cfm

Alternatively, you can write to: Head of Legal and Democratic Services, St Edmundsbury Borough Council, West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 3YU.

The deadline for applications is March 4.

Haverhill Online News

Comment on this story

[board listing] [login] [register]

No comments have been posted for this news entry.


You must be logged in to post messages. (login now)

© Haverhill-UK | Accessibility | Disclaimer